What is SPAM?
Spam is any email you send to someone who hasn’t given you their direct permission to contact them on the topic of the email.
You need to have a valid lawful basis to send system notifications that are necessary for using your application or service (like password reminders, invoices, receipts, etc.).
When you send an email to someone you don’t know, that’s an “unsolicited” email. Sending one unsolicited message to someone is obviously not spam. But when you send an unsolicited email to an entire list of people you don’t know, that’s spam.
What kind of email address ARE NOT OK to send to with UGOGO ?
You can’t import or send to any email address which:
- You do not have explicit, provable permission to contact in relation to the topic of the email you’re sending.
- You bought, loaned, rented or in any way acquired from a third party, no matter what they claim about quality or permission. You need to obtain permission yourself.
- You haven’t contacted them via email in the last 2 years. Permission doesn’t age well and these people have either changed email address or won’t remember giving their permission in the first place.
- You scraped or copy and pasted from the web. Just because people publish their email address doesn’t mean they want to hear from you.
We reserve the right to suspend your account immediately and start investigating your activity if:
- Your bounce rate is 10% or higher of all emails sent;
- Your emails have a high percentage of spam complaints (more than 2 in 1,000 emails (0.2%)).
If it turns out that you were sending emails without having a valid legal ground – we will terminate your account. We can ask you to prove that you have a legal ground and we can close your account if you do not have such proof. Otherwise, we will re-activate your account and you will be able to use the service again.
If you spam using your UGOGO account, you can be sure to expect the following:
- Your account will be terminated immediately;
- No refund will be made.